Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bike Time Trial or Brick Workout

I would like to get a weekly high intensity workout on our schedule. I would propose either a short 10 mile bike time trial or a brick workout where each event is repeated several times. Run 1 mile then bike 4 miles (4:1 ratio much like races) and then repeat as many times as you like. For sprint race training I would suggest at least 3 sets and for international distance up to 6 sets, etc. These workouts are done at very high intensity - up to race pace on the last set and I find them to be very beneficial as race practice.

If you would like to participate, please post a comment to this blog.

2 comments:

Nick said...

I'll be up for some of that for early season training next year. Right now I have to keep my focus on long aerobic workouts.

Unknown said...

These workouts are done at very high intensity - up to race pace on the last set and I find them to be very beneficial as race practice. www.insanitydietplan.net/insanity-nutrition-guide