Saturday, August 2, 2008

Tour de Kershaw Metric Century - August 9th

I'm hosting a metric century (actually just a tad over 100k) ride leaving from my house in Lugoff at 8:00 on Saturday, August 9th. We'll ride through the rolling countryside of the Lugoff-Elgin area, make a slight foray into Richland County, return to Kershaw County before heading up to Longtown (in Fairfield County), and ride by Colonel's Creek at Lake Wateree before returning to my house. Final distance will be around 64-65 miles. The pace will be a fairly relaxed 17-18 mph, with plenty of hills to allow for some good hill-work (everything from mile-long hills to short, 10% grade blasts). For those fast folks, they'll be opportunities to hammer up to various stop signs and landmarks before the gruppetto arrives, as this is a no-drop ride. On the ride there will be 2 stops at filling stations/convenience stores: one at about the 20 mile mark and another close to the 45 mile mark (distances approximate). Road surfaces from fair to great, traffic from lots to minimal. So far myself, my brother-in-law Robert, fellow FCA-E'er Nick, and Brad (a triathlete from down around Orangeburg) have shown interest. Feel free to come out and invite others interested in riding or FCA-E. For more info, call me at area code eight o' three, 413-6187, or email to hthomasmorganjr -at- gmail -dot- com. Hope to see y'all next Saturday!

1 comment:

BWright said...

Tommy, this sounds like a great ride - I am sorry I can't be there but I am taking my family to Charleston for the weekend and the championship race of the CSTS. I hope you guys have a great ride and may GOD watch over and bless you.

Bob Wright