Thursday, June 19, 2008

Any interest in a group OWS?

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a feel for any interest the team may have in a group open water swim. I love swimming in the open water but don't like to do it by myself in case my head is mistaken by a jet skier for a buoy they want to run over. Here's a picture of a proposed out and back swim from the public park/beach on the Lexington side of the dam.



Please add a comment to this post if you are interested. If we can get a handful of brave souls we'll put something together.

5 comments:

BWright said...

Hey Nick, count em in - I need it bad.

mflemming said...

I'm in. Tired of zig zagging

Brad said...

I had a great swim for 750 meters at Tri the Midlads. Sadly I was only supposed to swim 500 meters. I could def. use some open water practice.

Janice Thompson said...

We would be interested in an open water swim this Sunday at the lake, if anyone else is interested.
How about right after church, maybe a picnic lunch, whole family if they want to come. Our family could be there at 12:15. Swim then eat?

ministry coordinator said...

I'm in. I don't want to swim the wrong way anymore. I need to practice breathing as well.