Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series Race #1



Happy Father's Day

Bob Wright and his son Jake



Hi all, I raced the first of the CSTS races on Father's Day as a practice race to get ready for Tri the Midlands. The CSTS is in its 17th year and I have participated about 8-10 times over the years. It is a fun local race with some pretty intense rivalries within the Charleston triathlon community. I really needed to complete a swim in good fashion to restore my confidence after my experience at Lake Murray and I was able to complete the 530 meter swim in 11:27 which was my best swim ever in this event. I rode a respectable 21.5 mph bike split but only managed an 8:13 pace on the 5k run so I still have some work left on my comeback. I was fourth in my age group and missed third by about 40 seconds in what seemed to be a slow race. I expected to see a time less than 1:13:00 for third place but instead it was 1:16:17.

I learned later that, David Knight, who is also from Columbia and considering joining FCA-E placed fifth in his age group with a 1:07:26.




Let the swim begin

I am always happy to get on my bike


Almost home

Dad says,"If I could only swim, bike, run well in the same day". Jake says,"Those clouds sure look nice".

2 comments:

Tommy said...

Great race! Looks like y'all had a great time!

Nick said...

Your QR should be the official bike of FCA-E